We don't want to throw around the phrase 'child prodigy' but Shari was so good at music by grade six that instead of going to normal high school, she went straight to Victorian College of the Arts!
Yes, at age twelve, armed with a scholarship and a clarinet, Shari left all the quadratic equations and algebra to the rest of us and headed straight to Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School for 6 years of intensive musical education.
"It was an amazing opportunity and experience but easily the greatest achievement in my career is being able to set young children off on that same path through my involvement with primary schools and early musical education." - Shari
After her musical education Shari was a professional performer and then began teaching which she found to be her true passion.
Shari's stats as follows:
- Started learning music at 6
- Won Scholarship for excelling students in Grade 6
- Auditioned for and was accepted to VCASS (Victorian Collage of the Arts) end of Grade 6
- Completed 6 years at VCASS
- Professional musician (performance)
- Commenced teaching 2010
- Wrote & published unique structured teaching method with curriculum/ syllabus 2013
- Teaches Piano, Guitar, Singing, Clarinet, Theory
- Teaches beginner, intermediate & advanced
- Private (one on one) lesson
- Instrumental school lessons
- Group class programs
- Remote (Zoom) lessons, teaching students across Australia in rural & remote locations
- Online video tutorials
- Teacher training
- Diploma of Music Performance
- High Distinction in multiple grades of A.M.E.B music theory exams
Click here to apply for enrolment with Shari
poke the lion to go back